Here's a synopsis of a good article on maximizing the value of your website.
Easy Changes to Up Your Web Site Value
Optimizing your Web site is a good move in 2010.
Here are some steps from Inman News columnist Bernice Ross that can increase traffic and turn lookers into leads.
- Get your own URL. Having a page on someone else’s site sends Web traffic to them, not you.
- Choose a URL that reflects your real estate specialty.
- Take your own picture off the home page. Studies show it can drive away traffic.
- Make sure your home page has your up-to-date contact information prominently displayed.
- Add an easy-to-use lead-capture link – something like “Free Report” on something appealing like “How to Reduce Your Property Taxes.”
- Post at least 20 pictures for each featured property.
- Add a video for each property.
- Link to community information and such sites as Walkscore.com.
- Include testimonials from previous customers.
Source: Inman News, Bernice Ross (01/21/2010)