Every effective ad includes elements that build attention, encourage readership and provides greater results. Real estate ads are not an exception. If you’re not already doing so, consider including these ideas in your next ad.
Content is key and by content I mean the specific design and content elements of your
ad. Print advertising needs certain features to be the most effective.
- Great ads must have a headline to grab attention and sell in
the very first sentence. A headline interrupts the malaise that can
overtake a reader when he looks through a newspaper or magazine. You will never see an effective ad of any kind without a headline or catchy opening statement or graphic. You need something to grab attention. Certainly a home ad needs a photo of the home!
- Great ads are well written with the reader in mind. Do think about the content, providing the information that the shopper wants? They definitely want to know the address and price!
- Great ads tell the reader “What’s in it for me?” Why should they read further? Is the home priced right, great for entertaining, provide great living space? Point out those unique features that answer the "What’s in it for me" question we all ask.
- Great ads intrigue the reader to learn more. Does the copy intrigue them with unique information promoting benefits rather than just features?
- Great ads portray you as best in your field. Are you effectively promoting your business (you) AND your product (your listings). This takes some consistent, thoughtful effort.
- Great ads contain a call to action-what should they do next. This can be as simple as "Don’t wait – call today" with plenty of phone numbers and e-mail addresses. When they are ready to act they need to be able to reach you quickly and easily.
Take a look at effective ads in any media—these factors are present and draw you in to read and learn more – and respond!